Study and Work in New zealand
New Zealand PR: Naturally packed with lush breath-taking landscapes, modern infrastructures, low unemployment rate, and a decent economy, New Zealand is definitely a preferred option to settle and earn a flourishing livelihood, making it a popular destination for students from all over the world.
As we all know that a student visa is mandatory for people who are travelling to New Zealand to pursue a course, training, programme, or even go to school, that runs a duration of more than three months. The most common visas that Indian students beyond 18 years of age apply for are Fee Paying Student Visa, Exchange Student Visa, Foreign Government Supported Student Visa, and Pathway Student Visa. For candidates, who have completed two years in the country and wish to obtain Permanent Residence Visa, it is quite difficult to define the time period for visa validation. Please note that there is a difference between the terms Resident Visa and Permanent Resident Visa.
New Zealand PR Visa Requirements:
The basic requirements to adhere to in order to obtain a PR Visa in New Zealand are:
- Age less than 55 years
- Fluency and good command over English language
- Good health and good character
- Job offer in hand (in case you have applied for sponsored work visa)
- Ability to prove your intent of stay in the country
One can apply to PR visa in New Zealand through various categories mainly Skilled Migrant Category, Partner Category, and Business and Investment Category.
New Zealand PR Points System:
You can apply for New Zealand visas by directly applying to New Zealand Government. This is comparatively cheaper than getting in touch with agents or the visa bureau. In order to judge your eligibility, the government has formed a PR points system in which points are allotted under the following heads:
Employ ability: 60 points for current skilled employees for over a year, 50 for people looking for a job/working for less than a year
A few of the innumerable benefits that follow a PR in New Zealand are
- You can live, work, travel and study in New Zealand indefinitely without any restrictions
- You can avail medical facilities at subsidized rates as well as social security benefits
- Your children shall be eligible for free education at state-run schools and universities
- You can sponsor your relatives to apply for permanent resident visas, provided they meet the residency and assurance of support requirements